For those of you that have been there and trust me for those that will get there, the beginning is the most awkward time. Don't get me wrong, it's exciting, scary and emotional too, but also awkward. Not only are you still in shock yourself (the father is probably in more of a shock), but you are wondering, why doesn't it look like I have a baby! Nothing is happening in the mid-section area, except (courtesy of Maria) it looks like I just ate too many slices of pizza!
You are anxious to get this party started. I remember 5 minutes after I found out my I was in panic mode, I was already thinking about what I needed to get for the baby, what room it was going to sleep in and I felt like I need to buy every book in the planet to help educate me on what the heck was about to happen. But I'm sure that's normal.
I first realized a change (besides the boobs of course!) when it became uncomfortable to wear belts. All of the sudden I didn't need that sucker to hold up my pants, the mid-section 'fat' was taking care of that. It's all good when you tell your family and friends because than finally, the word is out. The WORST are the co-workers, I mean, let's be honest you see them more than anyone else in your life. And not only until 3 months later when you finally break the news to them does the truth come out. "Oh yeah I knew, your face looked different" or "Yeah I noticed your shirts getting a little tight" and "I knew you were not really drinking alcohol on our boat cruse, you can't trick me!" But it's all innocent and in the end everyone is happy for you. I guess this mid-section awkwardness is just a right of passage.
You look adorable and I'm sure baby P will too after all her/his parents are adorable. Enjoy every minute of this experience. Time goes so fast. I am so thankful. Life is a beautiful thing!! Love all 3 of you!!!!!
ReplyDelete