Monday, October 17, 2011

It begins today

What better day than to start, but today.  I realize I'm a little late in the game, being 26 weeks (6 months) and just now starting to write everything down.  I guess I've always been a sucker for a hard copy...I still love getting cards via snail mail and when I remember that other people like it too, I love sending them.


Anyway, Evan has convinced me that starting a blog about our first expectant baby is a good idea.  After all I do like writing and the only writing I've done over the past 7 years has been for pointless work emails.  So why not!


I have so much in my head that I have thought oh I need to write that down, or I can't wait to share that with my friends when they are pregnant.  Hopefully this blog will help me remember all those things when I'm engulfed by my new child, new family responsibilities and and overwhelmed at the reality of no sleep. 


3 comments:

  1. Great idea Laur! Now we can watch from Hawaii as your little family grows. I too have been hesitant to start a blog thinking that it will keep me from doing more productive things in my life. But writing will always be a good thing, a way to reflect, save, and share, so in that sense I think this will be a great outlet for you. Thanks for e-mailing and including us. Love-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job getting the blog going. I think this will be good for everyone :)
    I usually have the best ideas so its good to listen to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really nice Lauren. When my grandchildren are growing up I'll be able to read to them about the experiences their Mommy had while growing in her belly! I can't wait! Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete