Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Hormones? Try Psychotic!


Anyone that knows me, knows that I'm generally a very emotional person.  Add pregnancy to that equation and look out!  I am still not sure that I fully comprehend how much emotions are amplified when pregnant.  I will never forget the first time I realized something was off with my emotions.  I had no idea that I was pregnant and I was at the gym running on the treadmill.  The TV on the machine was playing a commercial that featured a soldier in Iraq talking to his wife and child via a webcam back in the states.  I became so choked  up that I had to stop running.  I was looking around making sure no one could see that I had just broken into tears while working out!


I'm pretty sure several times Evan as well as my parents, brothers and in-laws thought my body had been taken over by a mean alien that would lash out at anything.  I pretty sure they thought I should be put in a loony bin.   If people think this can be controlled, it can't.  It is literally like an out of body experience (at least it was for me).  Sometimes I would get so crazy that I wouldn't even remember what I was upset about.  Not a good feeling.


The one good thing about this is that it did begin to subside over time.  The mad and upset emotions changed to more happy and loving emotions. I know the books say this, but it is really true for me, the love I feel for Evan grew even stronger.  I didn't really know how that was possible, but it did.  Just thinking about it sometimes becomes overwhelming.  Maybe this is preparation for the rush of love that will enter our lives when the baby is born.  I'm excited to feel all of these good emotions and happy to see the irrational ones calm down a bit.


Speaking of Love, we had a great time in Lake George!





No comments:

Post a Comment