Sunday, November 6, 2011

One life for another

I really do believe that God has a way of keeping the world balanced.  Once one life has been given back to him he allows another to enter the world.  This became crystal clear to me when my Grandma Wida was getting sicker this past May.  I knew it was only a matter of weeks or days and I had begun to have vivid dreams of her dying.  I can't remember specifics of the dreams now but I do recall waking up feeling sad but somehow at peace with the dreams.  I also remembered reading long ago in one of my dream books that dreaming of death was somehow related to birth or a new beginnings.  


Even though I was somewhat prepared for the news of Grandma's passing it was still a shock and very upsetting when it happened.  I did however find comfort in knowing that Grandma had given her soul for my baby to enter the world.  The day before she passed, we found out we were pregnant.  


Although I'm saddened that she will never to get to meet her great grandchild I know that Grandma will be looking down on our baby helping to protect it.  Being that Grandma was so religious she would have been honored to know that she was able to help bring another life, something filled with so much happiness and joy into our family.


Thinking of you Grandma.

1 comment: