Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Innie to an outie

This concept is quite potentially the most bizarre to me thus far during my pregnancy  (well at least one of the most bizarre).  Hence where my URL name came from, Belly Button Tales.  


I've always been semi-obsessed with my belly button.  To me it was always a perfect innie.  The right depth, size and always lint free!  I love (or LOVED) having an innie.  It always looked good in a bikini and suited me just right.  Somewhere along month six I started to notice that my belly button wasn't as deep as it used to be.  Instead of water from the shower running into my belly button is slowly started running OVER it, which totally freaked me out!  I kept touching it and pushing it in a little, trying to shape it back to the way it used to be (annoys the crap out of Evan).  


During this transformation I can't help think how ironic it is. In the beginning that's how I was connected to my own mother and now everyday I'm looking at it thinking what is my baby doing to my belly button!  Now instead of having a perfect innie, I have what looks like a three pointed star.  Mom - you must have had a good doctor cut it, they did a nice job.  Or nice job Dad?  Although slightly discolored from being on the inside of my body forever, I'm slowly getting used to it, I guess.  But after Little P arrives lets hope that thing snaps back into place! 

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious? You were always obsessed with your belly button. Kind of like your hair!! Not to worry, everything eventually all goes back to normal......

    ReplyDelete