Thursday, November 10, 2011

When you can't be in person


Going back to the beginning, I thought I'd share with everyone how I shared our pregnancy news with my closest friends.  Since we all live far apart and I could barely wait as long as I did to spread the news I wanted to find a creative way to involve everyone at the same time.  Since we live in the lovely age of email,  I figured that was the best way to start.  


P.S. Sorry Maria I just realized your hints were miss-leading...there are a lot more months that end the same way!


June 29th 2010 12:24PM


Hi Ladies -

I've planned a get together for us this winter so we can be sure we see each other .  I know it is far away but I figured it's something to look forward to.  BUT I want you guys to play a little game to figure out when and where it is.  I have some rules and hints below.  I'll also email you each a separate set of clues to help you figure out the date.  Once you think you know it.  Call me. 

In order to get the answer, you MUST CALL ME.  If I can't pick up your call right away, I'll call you back in the order received.  

You CANNOT: 
- Get the answer from another person - you have to talk to me live to get the answer
- Contact Evan for anything

You CAN:
- Exchange the hints I gave you individually with each other - although I don't think you will need to, you girls are smart!

Hints:
- Date is flexible by a few weeks before and after so once I talk to you all we can figure out what works best for everyone - I know you are all busy (and Maria will have a baby!!!)
- It's during winter so you'll need a winter jacket and winter clothing
- Bring snow boots depending on how much snow we get this winter
- Bring your camera
- You will not need to purchase a plane ticket, you may need a train ticket (Maria), Simie and Whit will probably drive
- It won't break any one's wallet - I promise
- You most likely won't have to take off work, it can be a weekend activity
- Most likely you have been to this location before - but the location could shift 
- It's NOT skiing (Sorry Whit & Simie)

Check your email for your personal clues.  

Talk to you soon.

Love,

Lauren


Whitney's Hints:
  • It's after holiday hoopla...after Christmas, after New Years...but before Valentines day 
  • If you add together your birthday, month, day, and year (without the century), that's the DAY!
  • If you take two numbers away from the year 2012, that's the month


Simie's Hints:
  • The date (number of the day) is two numbers that are the same - and this number is also in your favorite number
  • 2011 is passe - it's in 2012 but BEFORE Martha's wedding 
  • If you take your mom's b-day (date, not year or month) and take away one number...that's the month


Maria's Hints:
  • It's close to Simie's b-day - but even CLOSER to Taso's b-day 
  • The date (number of the day, not month) has one of the same numbers as your b-day, and it's that number twice
  • There are two months in the year that end with the same letters...this is one of those months

2 comments:

  1. You are always so creative, Lauren...and this is no exception. This was the best little game, I loved it. I will never forget when I guessed the date and you told me what the "special trip" was! It was the best, most special surprise. Little baby Penalba is so lucky to have such a creative and thoughtful mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We certainly had nooooo idea what the surprise was! You had me tricked big time :-). - Simie

    ReplyDelete